Sunday 7 June 2015

There were CARS at the Car Show... REALLY????

So, this is why I love digital scrapbooking - almost immediate gratification... meaning that I can go to an event, take some photos, then come home and put them all together to tell the story and make something meaningful.

Today we went to the car show. Cars really aren't my 'thing', even with a hubby who has worked on race cars for 18 years and who works with cars for a living... I really know nothing about them, I just take photos... until....

The Fleetwood Country Cruizin' Car Show... and THE DUKES OF HAZZARD were there!!!!  

I can remember watching the show as a young girl and I was so 'in-love' with Bo Duke (and who wasn't at the time - I was 10!) TODAY was my lucky day  I was going to meet my childhood 'crush'... only 30 years later and Hubby was a good sport about it all... he paid the fees and took the pictures (and rolled his eyes several - no, more than several - times) It was all in good fun!

We met John Schneider (Bo) and Sonny Shroyer (Deputy Enos) and they were both very nice. Sonny chatted with us for a while, asking us where we were from and how we were liking the show. He mentioned how thankful he was that Mr. Plunkett brought them here and what a nice guy he was. We told him that Steven was just at the estate a few weeks ago training the horses to get used to the bagpipes and he was very impressed and talked with Steven for a bit about that. He also apologized for not hearing us very well, the battery in his hearing aid was running low! The line up to see John Schneider was the longest, but really not too long, and they got us through very quickly. He joked about the wind blowing in the right direction now that the 'bathrooms' have been empty! He commented on how nice I looked, said he was having a great time at the show and happy to see the fans.

Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) and Rick Hurst (Cletus) were there too but we didn't have the opportunity to see them too. (meaning $ for photo/autograph) 

So.... what does all this have to do with getting your photos into albums? 
Everything! I took the photos (like we all do at these events), now what am I going to do with them? Leave them on my memory card, transfer them to my laptop, share them on facebook? Those are all things we do with our photos, then what? Is that it? The moment's over, move on to the next one? What happens years from now when I want that photo, will I be able to find it?

Here's what I do, and it only took a few quick edits to brighten the photos (the AutoFix in Historian works miracles!), then I moved them into Artisan to begin creating the pages to celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime event. 

Then I ran into a PROBLEM - what digital artwork goes with these photos? In the wealth of artwork I have, I didn't have anything that quite suited what I needed.... so I made the background myself! I used the flag on the top of the General Lee (that's the CAR for those of you who aren't fans) as inspiration for the background, then kept it simple and just matted the photos.... DONE! 

Now I can post this all over social media, add to my 2015 Photo Storybook to be printed at the end of the year - Memory Saved- yay! Any a very special thank you to my hubby for putting up with me today

The final Result:

What I started with:


Oh, and guess what - there were CARS at the show too! 
Here are a few shots of the cars I got.... they are edited and ready to scrapbook.


Hubby took special interest in this Indy car (he had to tell me the kind of car it was)

Hey, are you ready to go BACK TO 1985?

Not a car - but they did have helicopter rides (we didn't go on one though)

Steve Plunkett's private collection

Steve Plunkett's private collection

One of the hundreds of cars outside on the grounds


That's it for today... what memories do you want to save?
I can help!
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment