Saturday 6 June 2015

My Neighbour's Garden - Tips in Nature Photography

If you new me, you would know that I am a terrible gardener! When we moved into our house 13 years ago, we had at least 5 gardens, now we have ONE and it's very small! I do however, enjoy my neighbour's gardens and I love taking photos of flowers.

So, here's a few quick tips on how to find the beauty in your own backyard (or anywhere really)

This is the fence that separates us from our neighbour behind us. It's really not that nice to look at, just a plain chain-link-rusted-old-fence with some overgrown flowers (and maybe some weeds). The photo was taken in the harsh light of early afternoon.




Now, this is where my neighbours think I'm nuts... I waited until later in the evening, about an hour before dusk when the natural light is softer. I sat down on the ground beside the fence, and shot the following images.


The natural lines of the fence lead your eye into the picture.

 This photo would follow the 'rule of thirds' placing the flower just off center

This photo has perfect balance or symmetry

Filling the frame with the subject

Getting in even closer to show contrast

Closer yet


Now to put it all together.... would you believe they are the same location? I was simply finding the beauty poking through the fence.

It's really all in the way you look at the world. Maybe that's why I love nature photography so much... hmmmm....

Happy Snappin'!
T.

Photo Editing Software: Click Here
Digital Scrapbooking Software: Click Here
Artwork: Summer Blush by Laura Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment