Sunday 21 June 2015

Creative Inspiration

Where do you find your scrapbook layout inspiration?
Is it a pre-made template?
Is it the photos you take?
Is it a kit you want to use?
Is it the media?

Inspiration can come from many different sources....

I recently (last night!) saw Shania Twain in concert... it was amazing to say the least! The last time I saw her in concert was in 2004, I used 3 rolls of film (yes film!) in my camera... last night, I took pictures with my cell phone - wow, times sure have changed!

So, I wanted to share a few photo highlights on my social networking pages and decided it would be fun to do as scrapbook pages instead of just posting the photos. But, there aren't too many scrapbook kits that would work with a music concert.... sooo, I went to Google and found this promo image for her concert.



This would be my starting point and inspiration.  
I added it to a page in my 2015 album, cut the black triangle and placed in the corner. I then 'sampled' the red (and adjusted it a bit to match the photos) to make the background, added a rectangle at the bottom and filled it with the browny (is that a word?) colour. The background is now complete!




In Historian (photo management/editing software) I gave all the photos I liked a 4 star rating, then went through those photos and gave the best ones a 5 star rating. I edited the 5 stars and imported them into Artisan (album making software) with just 2 clicks! I added them to the page, gave them a 3pt black matte and a 2pt relief and a heavy shadow. Then cropped them to fit the page where I liked them.




Now to add the date and an embellishment.... I really liked the ST logo she had in this photo...

I tried to use it but it didn't work so I made my own!


And this is the final result....

The design is nice and simple with clean lines, it highlights the photos and the theme of the concert.

My other option was to use photos from the concert as backgrounds...


Which do you like BEST? The Colour Block or the Photo background?
Happy Scrapbooking!
Tammy :)

PS.... just in-case your wondering... here's a photo of me with SHANIA!!!!
(Well, the closest I was going to get!)

Photo Editing Software: Click Here
Digital Scrapbooking Software: Click Here
Artwork: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment